Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Bret "the Hitman" Hart

OVERCOMING THE ODDS Bret "the Hitman" Hart One man who survived a Stroke is WWE Hall of Famer and Wrestling Great Bret "the Hitman" Hart. Bret had had a severe concussion in 2000 which forced him to retire He was just recovering from that when he had a stroke in 2002. He risked being permanently paralyzed on his left side. Through Strenuous Physical Therapy and the Will to Live he Returned. Some excertps from his Autobiography have stuck with me.
"One morning in the elevator going down, I couldn't help staring a a handsome little boy of about nine or ten. He was in a wheelchair with bloody, bandaged stumps where his legs used to be. Gaunt and sad, he wore a ball cap covering his ball head.
In seconds, I had flashed back to all the girls and all the places I'd seen, how the world had been mine. I had my doubts that this poor little guy would ever get his driver's license or make love to a first girlfriend. The ride was only a few floors and I pulled my ball cap down over my face to hide my tears. The courage that flickered in his brooding eyes made me feel ashamed that I ever felt sorry for myself. It woke something inside of me.
After that elevator ride with that child, I prayed for my life. I slowly came back, one heart beat at a time. Time to be the hero I always pretended to be."


Bret Hart Overcame the Odds after a Stroke!!

On February 1st, 2016, Bret announced that he is battling Prostate Cancer.  Bret Overcame those odds as well as it was announced recently that he was Cancer Free but is still getting checked periodically!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment